Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Dana Point Sunset- by Harford County Artist

Please click for a larger view of this scene

About this image- It is about this time of year when I start yearning for the sea. The salty water, the rhythmic waves, the cycle of water meeting land. The sun rising or setting over the horizon. There is something about returning to the very basic elements, earth, wind, water, and fire. All of those can be absorbed when standing on the shore. This panoramic was taken in California at Dana Point. If anywhere can be close to heaven on earth, this place, with its almost perfect weather, has to be it. One day I will go back and put my feet on this rock again. One day.

Things are moving along with the planning of the May 5th Ticked Off- Lyme Disease Awareness Event. I received over 50 prints yesterday from the art printer. Now starts the selection process of which ones will be hanging and which ones will be matted for the print bin. I was thrilled with how most turned out, however there are a few I'd like to have reprinted with corrections.

In addition to getting the prints in, I also am beginning to get the word out...I contacted WAMD, 970AM, a local radio station broadcasting out of Aberdeen and they have promised to announce some PSAs about the event. They told me they know several people with chronic Lyme and would be happy to help out in any way they can. Also, the event has been added to Harford's Heart calendar of events. I've handed out fliers, posted fliers in local shops and libraries, and am working on local newspapers to advertise as well. Everywhere I turn people are saying they know someone or are someone who are suffering from this terrible disease (we live in an epidemic area). It is shocking and startling that with so many people suffering it seems hardly anyone is talking about it. It's like it has a stigma or shame integrated with it. That is what I am working to remove. Education, legislation, and support, for families who are struggling through this debilitating disease.

I am excited to announce that the organization I am working to collect funds for, NatCapLyme, has added our event to their fundraising list. If you are out of town and won't be able to make the event, please consider make a monetary donation to this amazing organization! My local chapter, Harford Lyme Advocates, will directly benefit from any donations. Everything is helpful! My local group has been a lifeline for me and they have worked tirelessly to bring hope and comfort and Lyme education to our community.  Here are the directions to make sure your donation gets accounted for the May 5th Fundraiser (which will run through the month of May). **All donations are tax deductible!

1.  Visit NatCapLyme's donation page by clicking here.
2.  Under the words MAKE A DONATION click the tab that says FUNDRAISING EVENT.
3.  In the Dropdown Menu, Please scroll to ARTS BY THE BAY GALLERY TICKED OFF LYME DISEASE AWARENESS EVENT.
4.  Complete the form and submit the donation.

Thank you!  At the end of the May I will let you know how much in total we are able to collect.

Have a wonderful Tuesday.

xo

1 comment:

  1. Printing is such a tricky business. I have so much to learn yet, but the hardest part is just getting started and doing it. At least I have started.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!