Sunday, September 24, 2017

25/365- The Shed Behind the Barn

digital painting by Tracey Grumbach
Digital Painting by Tracey Grumbach

"There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort." -Jane Austen

--------- 

A few days ago I beagn reading A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline.  It is a book about the woman, Christina, who is featured in Andrew Wyeth's famous painting, Christina's World. It is a novel written in gauzy prose, with intense character development, just the way I love novels. I've read this author's other book, Orphan Train, and loved it, just as I do this one. In addition to really enjoying the book, I am a huge fan of Andrew Wyeth. His realistic paintings with muted tones somehow touch my soul. I'd love to see his paintings in person to see the brushstrokes up close.

I'm heading off to Arizona today. Prayers for safe and uncomplicated travel are very much appreciated. Thank you to my oldest son and my goddaughter who will be taking care of the home front and caring for the twins in my absence. I will post a few updates on Facebook during my travels, so be sure to check there. I have my camera packed and ready!

Have a wonderful day and I will see you back here sometime tomorrow. 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!