Wednesday, September 27, 2017

28/365- If I Were a Carpenter

Dupont House at Longwood Gardens
Dupont House at Longwood Gardens by  Tracey Grumbach, Harford County Artist

“If I were a carpenter, I would build you a window to my soul. But I would leave that window shut and locked, so that every time you tried to look through it all you would see is your own reflection. You would see that my soul is a reflection of you.” ― Colleen Hoover, Point of Retreat

------

I will build you a window to my soul today by answering some questions I recently read in an old edition of Bella Grace magazine. I'd love to know your answers too.

Q: What is your idea of perfect happiness?
A: Being thankful for whatever is happening now, in this moment and not wishing it to be different.

Q: What is your greatest extravagance?
A: Spending time on my own.  With four kids, a husband, and a business, time on my own is an extravagance.

Q: Which talent would you most like to have?
A: I don't really wish to be someone I am not and am thankful for my own talents, however, one day I would love to learn how to paint outside of the computer.

Q: What do you value most in your friends?
A: Their mutual effort in maintaining a relationship. Let's face it, we are all busy. So when my friends make the effort to stay in contact with me, I appreciate that more than anything.

Q: Who are your heroes in real life?
A: My real life heroes are my cousin's children, Kirsten and Elias Strebe, who fought for their lives and continue to fight for a new normal in their lives after a tragic car accident and traumatic brain injuries. They are the definition of brave.

Q: What is your motto?
A: What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create. -Buddha

If you feel so inclined, leave your answers in the comments. 

Have an amazing day!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!