Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Lone Horse in the Snow


Happiness isn't a fixed point.
It's always in flux.
~Unknown

This quote is so true and it has taken me a long time to accept that life isn't always happy and life isn't always the way we want it to be. I've also learned, though, if I stop living in the future and start living right here and now, riding the waves of emotions is so much easier and more rewarding. I have eliminated a lot of worry from my life simply by choosing to focus on the now and not worrying about tomorrow. Because I am a planner, I always wanted to know what tomorrow would bring which, many times, caused worry and an unsettled feeling. Living here, now, and not fretting over what is to come has been a process of conscious choice for me. It isn't easy but it has saved my emotional well being. When I feel my thoughts moving into the future in a negative way, I stop that train of thought and refocus on now. It is training my mind to think very differently than I what I am used to.

I have tried to stop saying "I will never _________________" fill in the blank with things I physically can't do right now to "One day I will _________________ again." It all comes down to being able to wait and not lose hope.

Now, I must also retrain my brain not to live in the past as well ;) I am a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!