Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Highland Presbyterian Church

Highland Presbyterian Church, Street, MD

How many of you completely forgot yesterday was a weekday? I kept thinking it was Saturday and was thrown off every time I realized it was, in fact, Tuesday. I am thankful Brian had off yesterday, but it sure did make me confused on what day it was!

While visiting family for a 4th of July cookout yesterday, I wandered off a bit to examine a beautiful church across the street. It called to me with its church bells, which chimed every hour, and then drew me in with its beautiful steeple and stained glass windows. It was the epitome of a country church with its white clapboard siding, perfectly manicured landscaping, decorative windows, and of course, the church bells. This digital image was the result of my exploring. I could have stayed there for hours checking out all the details including the quaint graveyard, but the family celebration continued on across the street and my obligation was there. I'm glad I have this image to remind me of the few minutes I had, quiet and alone, drinking in the splendor of this quaint church.

Today I am working on another article for The Mighty discussing why holidays can be stressful and anxiety-ridden for those of us with Chronic Lyme Disease and other chronic illnesses. I find the writing process to be very cathartic and soothing, especially after a difficult day like yesterday, so please keep your eyes out for that, if the article is chosen by the editor to be published.

I hope you all had an enjoyable and safe Independence Day yesterday! Have a beautiful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!