Saturday, October 27, 2018

Getting Back Into the Groove




It feels strange...the feel of the keys under my fingers typing this out. I'm out of practice and I feel rusty. It has been about 9 months since I have typed an update on my blog and I guess it is true what they say, especially of languages...if you don't use it you'll lose it. I didn't really abandon my blog on purpose. The flame of writing and posting just slowly dwindled into some hot coals that were barely visible anymore. I was burned out. I didn't feel like I had much to say anymore. It was time to take a self imposed hiatus from my blog.

That doesn't mean that I've been idle, though. To the contrary, these past nine months have been filled with finishing my Project 365, applying and preparing for a new job, starting that job, traveling, parenting, and monitoring my health. Recently, since the completion of my project, I have been rather quiet online altogether, including my Facebook Page. I am finding that I am throwing myself into my teaching position 100% which doesn't leave me much time, if any at all, for in the studio. At first I didn't miss it that much because of the excitement of teaching at Harford Community College, but now I am starting to feel the flames lick the inside of my ribs again, fueling a desire to create and get back into the studio. I have a few more weeks left to teach and then I have a six week or so break for the winter holidays. I look forward to spending a lot of that time busy in my studio.

For now, I still may not have a lot to say, but it does feel good to exercise my writing muscles again. Hopefully things will quiet down, fall into a more predictable schedule, and I can get back into writing and creating on a more steady basis.

Have a wonderful day, y'all. I've missed you.

T


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!