Saturday, March 16, 2019

Upcoming Events and Classes

As April (and Spring...yay!) approaches, I thought I would update what is happening over here at Nine Acres Designs, LLC for the rest of the month and for April...it's a lot!



First, on Saturday, March 23, we will have the second meeting of Harford Photography Field Trip group. Join us for this free, laid-back event open to all people interested in photography. The type of camera or your level of experience does not matter. We accept everyone from beginners to pro...and any camera from iPhone to DSLR. This month we are meeting at Kilgore Falls, Falling Branch Area of Rocks State Park located at 1026 Falling Branch Road, Pylesville, MD 21132. Come along with us to photograph the second largest waterfall in Maryland! There is a short hike to get to the waterfall which involves crossing a stream, so be sure to dress appropriately. Footwear that is waterproof and slip proof is highly recommended and you might want to bring a hiking stick to help steady you across the water. We will meet in the parking lot at the beginning of the trail to the waterfall at 8AM. I want to get the early morning light before the sun is too high, so this one is early! We had a blast last month at Eden Mill Nature Center, so come join the fun! Here is the link to the Facebook Event page.



Then, on Saturday, March 30 from 1:00-4:00PM I will be participating again in the Human Library Event at Havre de Grace Library. I will be a book that you can check out for 10-15 minute time spans to ask me questions about Lyme or my experience with Lyme Disease.  I had a blast last month doing this at Abingdon Library and every time slot was taken, so be sure to come early and sign up!



On April 2, I will be a guest on the Podcast Harford County Living and speaking about my art along with the other guest, Sheldon Bair, the music director of the Susquehanna Symphony Orchestra. I am looking forward to meeting the podcast host, Rich Bennett and talking with these two great men who have done so much in Harford County!


Also, on Tuesday, April 2, I am offering a class through Harford Community College called Digital Photography 1. I have had so many people ask me to do an evening class to accommodate those who work during the day, so I have! Classes are on Tuesday evenings from 6PM-9PM for four weeks starting 4/2 and going to 4/23. The class is already half full so if you are interested, please register soon, either in person at Edgewood Hall at HCC or online. This hands-on class focuses on teaching you about your DSLR camera and all the basics of digital photography so you can stop taking all your photos on AUTO and start making creative decisions in your photography! I hope to see you there!



If you'd rather take pictures on your iPhone instead of lugging around a large, heavy DSLR camera, I have a class for you too!  Also beginning in April, on Mondays from 4/15-4/29 from 9:30-12:30, I am offering Secrets to Amazing iPhone Pictures! Learn to make the most out of your iPhone's camera app and also learn about two other photography apps, Hipstamatic, and CameraPlus2. I will teach you all the secrets and tricks to grabbing stellar images on your iPhone. (Only iPhones in this class...no androids or other type of smart phones!) You can register in person at Edgewood Hall at HCC or online.


 UPCOMING EVENTS:

Also in April the television segment I taped in February will be released but I don't have a date just yet.

Also, I am teaching night classes this summer at Harford Community College, so I will let you know when that schedule is finalized.  Keep a look out for this!

I am excited to say that more is in the works behind the scenes for this spring, but because dates are not finalized yet, I can't share them just yet! Some opportunities may include showing my art in the Big Apple, a possible publication opportunity, and other things! I hope everyone has a fantastic spring and I encourage you to keep being creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!