Friday, February 6, 2015

The Hanging Tree


Are you, are you
Coming to the tree?
Where dead man called out
For his love to flee?
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree.

(click the title above to hear the song)
James Newton Howard featuring Jennifer Lawrence
The Hunger Games:  Mockingjay Part 1 Soundtrack

I began taking another online digital art/mixed media art class this week.  Unlike the other classes (2 previous ones now), I actually am learning and enjoying this one.  I feel like I connect to the content and it is motivating me to create again.

One of the things that happens to me when I listen to songs is I create images in my head that go along with the lyrics.  Sometimes it is a very literal interpretation of the song and sometimes it is not...it is just an abstract representation of how the music makes me feel.  I decided to actually take one of the images I've had in my head from hearing the song The Hanging Tree and make it a reality.  This was the final result.

I really enjoyed working on this piece and am looking forward to continuing this exploration of music and art.  I already have plans to do one for the song Centuries by the Fall Out Boys.  I think that one may end up being a bit more abstract...we'll see.  It feels like air in my lungs to be creative again.  I hope I stay well enough to continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!