Thursday, November 12, 2015

Red Rock Canyon, Nevada



Everybody needs beauty as well as bread,
places to play in and pray in where nature
may heal and give strength to body and soul.
~John Muir





If you don't die of thirst, there are blessings in the desert.
You can be pulled into limitlessness, which we all yearn for,
or you can do the beauty of minutiae, the scrimshaw of tiny and precise.
The sky is your ocean, and the crystal silence will uplift you
like great gospel music or Neil Young.
~Anne Lamott





I had to live in the desert before I could understand 
the full value of grass in a green ditch.
~Ella Maillart






I'd had no particular interest in the Southwest at all 
as a young girl, and I was completely surprised 
that the desert stole my heart to the extent that it did.
~Terri Windling


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!