Friday, August 18, 2017

Sunflower In Its Last Day- Portrait of a Flower Series

digital painting of sunflower dying
Digital Art by Harford County Artist Tracey Grumbach
Sorry for not posting yesterday...my intention was to write a post after dropping Brian and the kids off to go to Universal Island of Adventure. However, after dropping them off I decided to explore Winter Park a bit on my own. I decided to visit the Meade Botanical Gardens and stroll slowly in the shade for some "me" time. I had a wonderful time but I realized I didn't choose the best footwear when I came across a sign warning visitors about alligators and venomous snakes. Oh, and the marshy ground was like quicksand. I had a difficult time keeping my flip flops on my feet and not being sucked into the muddy marsh. I saw several abandoned flip flops along my walk and totally understood how that could happen. Luckily, I didn't lose mine, but it was a struggle. Also luckily I didn't come into contact with any alligators or venomous snakes. I did, however, come across some creepy spiders that had spikes on their backs and some monstrous grasshoppers that looked like miniature dinosaurs. Ick. It was pure heaven strolling alone and not having the kids ask me 1, 428 questions about everything. Just me and my thoughts (and my paranoia about alligators and snakes eating me.)

After getting dripping wet full of sweat, I decided it was time to leave. Instead of going back to the hotel, I decided to stop in to see what the Morse Museum was all about.  Well, what a place, let me tell you! It has the largest collection of works by Louis Comfort Tiffany. It is a fabulous museum and I was practically the only person in there at the time. I had all the security officers at my disposal to answer questions and give me more information. I had a fabulous time exploring all the art. The chapel was breathtaking! If you are ever in the area, you must stop in and check it out.

Today is Brian and the twins' last day here in Florida. They will head home in the morning. So, we will be spending another family day exploring all that Winter Park has to offer. I am staying until Wednesday so I can attend the parent orientation at Full Sail and make sure Brenna is all set to start school on the 28th. She has mandatory orientation for the full week starting Monday so I will have a bit of time on my hands to explore more if I choose.

I hope all is well with you all! I will be posting on Monday so I will see you then. Have a fabulous weekend!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!