Wednesday, December 16, 2015

A Tournament of Lies



A tournament, a tournament, a tournament of lies
Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives
And I decline.

It's the end of the world as we know it
It's the end of the world as we know it (It's time I had some time alone)
It's the end of the world as we know it
And I feel fine.

R.E.M
It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)


Created partially from collage software and partially in Photoshop CS 6 after watching the news and realizing once again why it is I only watch it maybe once a month. Truly, it feels like I don't recognize the world I am living in with all the hate and destruction swirling around us on a daily basis. 

Civil unrest. ISIS. Politics. Mass killings. Refugees...it goes on and on and on. 

I turn it off.  I turn it all off and risk being ignorant to the world's issues. I am choosing to stick my head in the sand just for a moment of sanity. No wonder the stress level in our country is palatable. It is all bubbling beneath the surface, rising over and simmering, threatening to explode as all of the media outlets spoon feed us the bitter taste of hate. When it does boil over...it will be the end of the world as we know it...and I don't think I will feel fine. 

Going back to my happy place, now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!