Monday, June 26, 2017

Rugby Seven's- Sports Photography by Tracey Grumbach


This weekend I had the opportunity to shoot my youngest son's rugby seven's match. This was exciting for several reasons. First, he is my only child to be involved in rugby, so it is a completely new sport to me. I love sports, so it is fun for me to not only learn a new sport but also photograph it. I am slowly learning the rules and the procedures of the game, but most of the time I am still lost! Secondly, I felt well enough to photograph one of his 15 minute matches, which I haven't been able to do in quite a while. I only had enough energy to shoot one, but it was better than nothing. Below are a few shots from the match.





These last two images are my favorite simply because it captures the moment my son made his first try. (I called it a touchdown but someone corrected me and told me it was called a try, lol.) In rugby, there is not supposed to be any showboating or excessive cheering in the tryzone, but Zach didn't know that and it was, afterall, his very first try (this is only his second weekend playing actual matches)! So, everyone was kind and didn't say a word to him about it. After the game Brian and I explained to him that he wasn't supposed to do that in the future. We do want him to respect the integrity and rules of conduct for the game. But, this one time, I was thrilled to see him excited and celebrating. The raw emotion that came out of him was awesome.



This week I will post a reader's questions version on the blog, so if you have any questions for me related to art, photography, Lyme Disease, or me personally you would like to answers to, please use the contact widget on the sidebar to ask away! I have a few questions already! These are always fun for me to do and I am looking forward to it!

Have a wonderful Monday. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!