Saturday, July 19, 2014

This Side of Forever

Geckos

Lucky Ducks


Vintage Beauty

Thankful that despite all the ugliness in the world
and despite ongoing personal tragedies, 
I can still see and appreciate the beautiful things
that God, the Great Spirit, has put in my life.

I had another reminder yesterday that life is way too short
to take anything for granted.
Our dearly loved horse, our sweet, loving, gentle stallion Clydesdale
died suddenly last night.
Despite a desperate attempt to save him, 
it sadly was his time to go.
After the loss of my father and now of our beloved pet,
my family is stinging badly.
It has been a summer of loss,
but also at the same time a summer of discovery with bits of
joy, peace, love, and good memories sprinkled in.
It is the valleys that remind us how sweet the mountain tops are
and so I am thankful for the rainy days as well as the sunny ones.
One foot in front of the other,
chin high,
heart open,
and mind at peace knowing 
life is a cycle and I will see my loved ones on the other side one day.
In the meantime, I will fiercely cling to and love 
my friends and family
on this side of forever.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!