Friday, August 22, 2014

Customer Satisfaction

What I Can No Longer Eat...For Now, Anyway.

Today I am thankful for outstanding customer service...
Let's face it, it is a dying art.
 
Since I began my gluten free/dairy free diet, 
eating out has become a nightmare.
There are so many restaurants out there (fast food and otherwise)
that have servers and cooks who have no clue what is in the food they are serving.
It has been frustrating, to say the least, to ask a waitress if the 
vegetables were cooked in butter and then she has to disappear for 
30 minutes while she tracks down someone who knows what is in the food
or knows how the food is prepared.
Call me crazy, but I think if you work at a restaurant, 
you should know about the foods your offer.

So, after many frustrating run ins,
imagine my relief when I had to stop in Chic-Fil-A 
the other day (unexpectedly) to feed my kids and myself.
I was dreading trying to order something for myself
and apologized to the cashier explaining I was gluten and dairy free 
and that I would need some help with the menu.

In Chick-Fil-A style, she responded that it would be her pleasure to help me
and reached down to pull out a gluten free list of food 
along with EVERY INGREDIENT in each food item!
Holy Cow!
(See what I did there...COW, Chick-Fil-A...haha).
 I couldn't believe it.
A restaurant that handed over every ingredient to everything on the menu.
Just. Like. That.
No fussing, no half-hour wait, no looking at me like I was crazy.

Needless to say, I will be returning there when I am in a pinch for something to eat.
I don't make eating out a habit any more,
but it is good to know I have a stand-by in an emergency...
and I have an ingredient list right in my truck for reference!

Thank you, Chick-Fil-A, for your continued commitment
to customer service...it is very much appreciated!
xo

1 comment:

  1. I have been gluten and dairy free and processed sugar free since the beginning of June. A newbie! For "improving my overall health and weight" - not because of any severe allergies of medical restrictions. It is a WHOLE. NEW. WORLD! I am pleased to be surrounded by a team of people in a wellness practice that are teaching me so much about nutrition - my palate is changing. I am changing. It has been a blessing - such a blessing....though not without moments of stress and frustration when trying to deal with restaurants and my own inside voices! I hope this strengthens you on your healing journey - you are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!