Friday, June 26, 2015

At the Train Station

I love people watching.  I could sit in Penn Station for a full day just watching people.  We are a fascinating species, are we not?  All hustle and bustle...



and then wait...




and wait...




and wait...




In Lancaster, PA when we boarded the train for New York, there was an Amish family boarding to go to Philadelphia.  It was a young couple with an infant girl.  They were panic stricken because they needed some form of government ID to board the train.  I felt really sorry for them, but apparently they got it all worked out and made it on to the train.  As they walked by on the boarding platform, my husband said to them that he was glad to see they worked it out.  The male responded that they were "ignorant" about such things and for some reason it broke my heart.  It shouldn't because the Amish choose to live outside of society, but I guess it bugged me because we need to be so cautious now days that even the Amish can only move about the country on mass transit when in possession of identification.  Sad state of affairs, if you ask me, which you didn't, so I will move on.

Happy Friday, everyone!  I hope you've enjoyed a few of my images from the train.  See you Monday!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!