Monday, June 8, 2015

My Significant Other Right Now is Myself


My significant other right now is myself, 
which is what happens when you suffer from multiple personality disorder and self-obsession.  

Joaquin Phoenix


Self-obsession...In this piece I wanted to visually explore that concept.  What if you were your own biggest fan?  What if you wrote love letters to yourself?  What if you thought you had amazing gifts to offer the world and confidently put forth those gifts to serve others?  Sounds lovely and good, doesn't it?  

Yes, but what if that is all you thought about...yourself? What if your needs always took priority over other's needs?  What if you were unable to think with an open mind because you were in love with your own ideas? The dark side of loving one's self is just one step away, one toe across a thin, obscure line. How much is too much?  

Hope you had a wonderful weekend and a great start to the week.  I had a lovely weekend seeing my son off to Senior Week (biting my nails to the nibs in worry), celebrating my daughter's Sweet 16 birthday, and watching my youngest son play in last baseball game of the season.  This week promises to be difficult as I am scheduled for surgery Wednesday afternoon to repair an infection in my jaw and replace the missing bone with a bone graft.  I am a bit nervous, to say the least.  I am placing my worries in God's hands and trying to remain calm on all fronts.  Easier said than done, but I am trying. I'd appreciate any and all prayers, meditations, and good vibrations you can offer. Thank you in advance.  

Love to all.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!