Friday, November 20, 2015

On Freemont Street



This is a digital painting from when I was in Las Vegas back in October. On the last full night I was there, I went to see what Freemont Street was all about. Unfortunately, I was exhausted and not feeling well at this point in the trip, so I didn't fully appreciate the experience since it was unbearably loud with flashing lights and mobs of people. Crazy people at that. I think if I were in a different state of mind I totally would have been into it, but at that moment it all was so overwhelming to me. I did, however, want to capture the essence of what it was like being there. Mobs of people stopped in their tracks, heads thrown back staring up at a flashing screen that spanned for several city blocks. I've never seen anything quite like it before. It was cool to see in person the many iconic places that Vegas is known for, such as the Golden Goose, in this one spot. After a brief stay I headed back to the hotel to rest and get ready to leave the next day.

If you ever have the chance to get to Vegas, I do suggest you check it out. If I had been up to it, I would have done the zip-line that takes you several city blocks across the canopy of the street. Quite cool. Hoping you all have a wonderful weekend! TGIF!

Don't forget...the opening reception for the winter show at Arts By the Bay gallery is tonight from 7-9PM.  Hoping some of you are able to get out there to see the 5 pieces I have hanging!  Hugs!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!