Sunday, December 27, 2015

Adornment



Femininity is the divine adornment of humanity.
~James E. Faust

As the year draws to a close, I am glad I was able to carve out some time to create this one last piece in 2015. This week promises to be a busy one with wrapping up some real estate shoots, submitting a whole new set of pieces to go to the printer, wrapping up Nine Acres Designs, LLC end of year number crunching, and spending some family time. 

I had a nice break from homeschooling and loved spending time with my mother while she was in town for Christmas, but I am a creature of habit and crave the daily routine that keeps me sane. To be perfectly honest, Christmas is not one of my favorite holidays...the stress is overwhelming to me and the month plus of preparation that is over in a half day is disappointing and frustrating. On top of that, I desperately miss my grandparents, uncle, and father at this time of year. So, I am happy to be flipping the calendar to a new year and getting a fresh start.

Each January I come up with a word for the year instead of declaring a New Year's resolution. I don't believe in resolutions, so I will be thinking this week to determine a word for 2016. Productivity keeps popping into my brain, but I am not sold on that, so I will have to do more thinking. 

I hope everyone had a great holiday and I am wishing you all a wonderful and safe New Year. Keep your eyes out for information on limited prints coming soon of Adornment and other pieces.  Once I decided what will go to the printer, I will put out an inventory.  Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!