Friday, September 30, 2016

Rock Run Grist Mill- Harford County Digital Art

Digital Art by Tracey Grumbach- Rock Run Grist Mill in Havre de Grace, MD   

It's been a crazy week.

I was out of town for five days on a trip to California to take my oldest daughter college shopping. She wants passionately to go into the television/film industry (possibly to be a director or producer) and some of her top choices for college are of course, in the Los Angeles area. So, my husband and I took her clear across the country to visit the colleges and the L.A. area in general to see if she would be a good fit. Leaving your family at 18 and moving across the country from family and friends all by yourself is a scary proposition, so we felt it was necessary to make sure she was completely serious and committed to this idea.

Turns out she is.

She was a perfect fit in California. She has always said she was a California girl, even though she had never been anywhere near the state. So, in between college and neighborhood shopping, we fit in a few fun things such as letting her take a surfing lesson (which she rocked), visiting the Santa Monica Pier, and of course, we had to visit the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the famous Chinese Theater. She was totally in her element. She also fell in love with her top college choice, Columbia Film Academy, Hollywood. The tour was great, the school is small (and she likes that), and the immersive curriculum would get her started into her field of interest the very first semester. There literally was nothing she didn't love about it. You should have seen her face when she walked into the college's library that is filled with movie and television scripts, DVDs, Blue-Rays, etc. I thought she was going to have a stroke. 

So, it looks like we might be seriously pursing this direction for her. This mama's heart is sad at the thought of my baby all the way across the country, but I also want her to reach for her dreams and I will do anything necessary (including cutting the apron strings) to let her do just that.

On another note, traveling with a chronic illness takes lots of planning and is not always easy, especially when across the country dealing with time changes. But, with the help of my husband and daughter, I fared well on this trip, resting as much as possible and sticking to my treatment plan.

Lots more happened this week, but I've rambled enough for one day. I hope you enjoy this digital art piece that I have submitted to a juried show themed "My Havre de Grace." I won't know for another week or so if it has been accepted or not, but I will keep my fingers crossed in the meantime.

Check back for more updates...coming soon.

xo

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous piece. Fingers crossed for you. Sending them so far away is VERY HARD, but they are so much stronger for it, and we are too. The school sounds like the perfect fit for her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!