Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Government Is Us- A Brief Peek into My Digital Art Process

My rendition of the White House
The government is us; we are the government, you and I.
-Theodore Roosevelt

When I visited Washington D.C. on a field trip with my homeschooled kids, we made sure to squeeze in seeing the White House. They read several books about the history of the White House and they were very much looking forward to catching a glimpse of the most recognizable building in the United States. While we were there, I was inspired by the beautiful grounds and architecture to create this digital art. After taking a picture of the scene, I then used multiple apps on my phone to begin the process of changing the photo into something unique. Then, I imported it into Photoshop and began taking out elements in the scene I didn't care for such as a white pick-up truck near the White House and some motion detectors along the grassy area. Next, I added additional textures, layers, and a bird stamp. Last, I used the mixer brush to paint a bit (the grass) and added additional Gaussian blur layers to complete the transformation.

I hope you enjoyed this peek into my process. If you would like to own the one and only print of this work, please contact me! There will be only 1 printed!

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!