Thursday, July 24, 2014

Proud Piper

Garrett Highlands Pipes and Drums at the Accident, Maryland Fourth of July Homecoming Parade

I finished the book
Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman today
and also read the book Humans of New York by Brandon Stanton.
The first is a memoir set in a woman's prison.
The second is a photo book created from the popular blog by the same name.

My favorite quote from Humans of New York is:

"Why do so many people seem to love righteous indignation?"
"Because if you prove you're a victim, all rules are off.  
You can lash out at people.  You don't have to be accountable for anything."

Ah, yes...the righteous indignation crowd...gotta love them.

Today I am thankful for good books.
On days like today, it is good to be whisked away from your own reality
and into the world created by a good book.
Next up on my reading list...Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline.
You can keep up with my collection of quotes and the books I've read,
if you are so inclined, using the tabs at the top of the blog.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!