Monday, August 25, 2014

Wrong Way, Do Not Enter

As seen in the streets and alleys of Baltimore City.


Today I am thankful for all the teachers who will be working with my kids this year.
It was the first day back to school and I have a senior, a sophomore, and two first-graders.
While school represents relief for me from the pressures of 
having to try and entertain the little ones day in and day out while struggling
to just function enough to survive the day,
it also is a difficult time...
Letting go of my babies to the powers of the school system and outside influences
is never easy and always stressful.

So, thank you to all the teachers out there...
please be kind and accepting of all children's differences.
Please meet my kids where they are skill wise and move them forward from there.
Please keep them safe as you would your own kids.
Please respect my decisions for my children as their parent.
But most of all, please see the beauty inside all 4 of my kids and honor that beauty.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!