Monday, September 1, 2014

The Sacrifice of War



As I mentioned before, I have been catching up on many movies during this "down time"
I am having with Lyme Disease.
Last night I watched the movie "Lone Survivor" with my husband and teens
(the twins were in bed, of course, I would not let them watch this).
I don't even have words on how this movie affected me.
It moved me and tore my insides apart on many levels.
It is mind boggling to me how brave these men are and how simply they are 
willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for us, our country, and each other.
I was also blown away by the Afghan village who ultimately saved 
Marcus Luttrell and returned him to the Americans for rescue.
There were many times throughout the movie when I wanted 
to get up and leave the room because I have trouble watching 
the blood and gore associated with this type of movie,
but I stayed because I believe EVERY American should see this movie,
especially teens who sometimes have a false sense of war
through video games and other glorified movies.
War is not a game.

So, today, I am thankful for all the men and women,
past and present who are brave enough to fight for our beliefs and freedoms.
I am awed by each one of you.
Thank you.

This image is from my 2009 archives,
taken during a visit to the D-Day Memorial in Virginia.
If you read my blog way back then, you might remember this image 
was originally posted on a Veterans Day post.
xo

"There's a storm inside of us. I've heard many team guys speak of this. A burning. A river. A drive. An unrelenting desire to push yourself harder and further than anyone could think possible. Pushing ourselves into those cold, dark corners, where the bad things live. Where the bad things fight. We wanted that fight at the highest volume. A loud fight. The loudest, coldest, darkest, most unpleasant of the unpleasant fights."
~Marcus Luttrell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!