Friday, February 13, 2015

Remember Me For Centuries



And you're a cherry blossom 
You're about to bloom 
You look so pretty, but you're gone so soon 
Some legends are told 
Some turn to dust or to gold 
But you will remember me 
Remember me for centuries
~Centuries Fall Out Boy

This is my latest digital collage piece.  It is a self portrait I created in conjunction with my series that is influenced by music.  I normally don't explain my art pieces as I think art should speak for itself, but I did want to add that if you look carefully on the left side of the piece, I added a layer that is a photograph of the Lyme bacteria, borrelia burgdorferi (died purple and blue).  While I don't want to be defined by the disease, it has changed me in so many ways that it not only is literally a part of me, but also it has changed my outlook of life and of myself.  So, I felt it fitting to add, although barely visible, a layer representing this part of me.

Since I am talking about Lyme, I did want to mention, for those who are interested, and also for those battling their own Lyme battles, that I did have a check up with my LLMD yesterday.  It went really well and he was pleased with my progress on the anti-microbial herbal protocol.  While I am still having some leg and joint pain, my energy level as increased and my headaches and brain fog has decreased.  The foot pain associated with my Bartonella infection has also decreased, which is a good sign we are getting on top of that co-infection.  He did make some changes to my herbals to have a more synergistic effect to kill even more of the bacteria, so I have to order those and begin the build up with two new additions.  Hopefully I will have as good of luck with these as I have had with the others.

As far as my battle with weight goes, I have lost another pound, bringing me to an all time adult-life low of 133lbs.  At my height, 5 foot 9 inches, it isn't a horrible weight, but again, I don't want to lose any more.  I feel like a skeleton and all my clothes are huge on me.  I still remain on a gluten free, dairy free, processed sugar free, caffeine free diet, focusing on eating organic whole foods. The doctor is not very concerned with my weight loss right now because it has slowed down to a minimal pace and isn't dangerous at this point.

I wanted to thank everyone who has followed me on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, as I venture back into a more active roll in my photography and art again.  As I am feeling better, I have started to be more creative and it feels great.  So, thank you!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!