Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Live!


Some think it is silly, but I don't care. Some think it I have no fashion sense, but what they don't realize is that it has nothing to do with fashion. That black plastic bracelet with bold block letters spelling out L I V E in white is a mantra. It is a mission. It is my daily reminder that no matter how tough things are, I have to get up and LIVE. I wear that bracelet everyday to give myself a gentle mental nudge to get up, go out, love my family, look for beauty, try new things, push fear out the window, and live every day to the fullest.

That hasn't been the easiest thing lately. I have had a major setback in my health, as I've explained recently, but the good news is we have figured out (we think) why I have plateaued, which I have also explained recently. My doctor has worked with and conferenced with others in the medical field and they have come up with a new treatment plan for me that they feel pretty confident about.

The discovery of this genetic problem has caused me to have an epiphany, not unlike when I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease and I totally changed the way my family and I eat. Now that I have revamped my eating habits and completely transformed my body and food related health, it is time now to change my living environment. Since this genetic mutation makes it much more difficult for me to rid my body of toxins, I need to eliminate as many toxins in my environment as possible. So, I am ready to start transforming how I clean, cook, bathe, and do laundry in my house. This process will take place slowly over a period of time, because things like this can be expensive to implement at first, and it can be overwhelming if I try to attack it all at once.

The first major two major things I plan on changing (and have begun already) is to only use cleaning products that are 100% natural and organic. To hell with chemicals. Baking soda, vinegar, essential oils, water, etc. are the only ingredients we really need to have a sparkling home. My local natural market sells many options for cleaning and so far I have been thrilled with the results. Good bye Scrubbing Bubbles, hello nature at its best. The second major thing I will change is my laundry detergent and softeners. Do you realize the amount of chemicals, dangerous ones at that, that you we are exposing ourselves to?  It is insane. So, up next is laundry supplies, again, all natural organic choices will be taking over for the nasty chemicals I wear everyday incorporated into my clothing.

Next, I have revamped my personal care products. The biggest issue for me was deoderant. Almost all brands of popular deodorants contain aluminum, which some say have a link to breast cancer and Alzheimer's. The studies vary in their conclusions, but I am not willing to take the risk, especially considering my body has trouble ridding itself of metals. I have already switched over to a natural crystal stick that works by killing odor causing bacteria instead of clogging sweat pores with chemicals. I've already switched to all natural, organic soaps made from coconut oil...much better than the fragrance and chemical filled junk you find in the store. Now I am researching natural shampoo and conditioner alternatives. It is a slow process, but a journey well worth taking.

I truly believe God has provided us with all the materials we need on the Earth to heal our bodies and take care of ourselves. I intend to go back as close to nature as possible. To me, my mantra, LIVE, depends deeply on me making this switch...not only for me but also for the health and well being of my family.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!