Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Abandoned


Reality seems valueless by comparison 
with the dreams of fevered imaginations;
reality is therefore abandoned.
~Emile Durkheim

This is what my mantra has been lately with my art. Why stick with reality when I can instead create something from the dreams of my fevered imagination?

For example, why would I stick with the photograph I took (below) when I can transform it, and create a dream-like vision that speaks from my heart? Now, when I see with my eyes scenes like the one on the left, I actually envision the scene on the right in my mind. I've trained myself to "see" this way.

Before and after. Reality abandoned.


Have a wonderful day. Abandon reality and go with your fevered dreams.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!