Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Scare Away the Dark

Contemplation

"We should run through the forest
We should swim in the streams
We should laugh, we should cry,
We should love, we should dream
We should stare at the stars and not just the screens
You should hear what I'm saying and know what it means

To sing, sing at the top of your voice,
Love without fear in your heart.
Feel, feel like you still have a choice
If we all light up we can scare away the dark"
~Passenger
Scare Away the Dark

Today I am thankful for music that brings me comfort.
Lately the lyrics and unique voice of Passenger has
given me something to listen to and concentrate on when I am in pain.
His voice is soothing and I absolutely love songwriters with something to say.
Mumford and Sons, Passenger, The Avett Brothers (and many more)...
they are all master singer/songwriters and I appreciate their craft.

According to Psychology Today, music can play a role in pain relief
by disrupting the pain-stress-pain loop in our brain.
Makes sense to me, especially considering I do not want to
put one more drug into my body than I have to.
So, hand me my playlist and earphones...
I'm medicating with music.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!