Saturday, May 3, 2014

Loyal Friend


It dawned on me the other day that my sweet Buddy 
is not a spring chicken anymore.
My loyal friend who follows me from room to room,
my shadow who gives me unconditional love,
is heading into his elderly years.

He is 10 years old in people years,
but I guess that equates to about 70 years old in dog years.
I do hope he has many healthy years ahead.
As he stares at me, I often wonder what goes in that mind of his.
What is he thinking?
How much of my rambling does he understand?
Ah, yes, I will miss this guy when he is gone,
but hopefully that won't be for quite a while.
Who else will greet me at the door with such enthusiasm?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!