Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Thrill of Victory


Before the North Harford Hawks state championship game Saturday night
there were two other teams playing for their division title.
I saw the end of the game and captured this moment when the winning players
decided to douse their coach in ice water.
The thrill of victory no doubt numbed him from the cold splash.

I had a nice weekend working around the house and cleaning up for summer.
My front porch, my favorite sanctuary is now swept up,
decorated in beautiful hanging baskets,
and surrounded by beautiful annuals in the garden.
This is my favorite place to drink my morning coffee,
read a good book, or simple just sit and swing,
watching and listening to the birds.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

P.S.  The bird from yesterday's post has been identified as a catbird, 
which has a very distinctive "mew" call.
And on a birding note, I saw my first indigo bunting at my feeder yesterday.
I've seen an occasional glance of one flying around these parts, 
but never one at my feeder!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!