Monday, June 9, 2014

Dance



Today I am thankful for the opportunity to see my
6 year old daughter dance in her recital.
She has been practicing all school year for this moment and 
she did a super-cute job,
even if she didn't participate in the first 20 seconds of the 
2 minute dance. :)

At a previous time in my life, it would have drove me crazy
that she didn't do it just like the other girls.
But now, as I am becoming more aware of what is important in life,
I realize that it doesn't matter if she does the dance perfectly
or if she even does it like everyone else.
If she is trying her best and having fun,
I am a happy mother.

These images are of some of the older girls participating in the 
dance program that my daughter attended.
I didn't take many of other children,
but I did take a few and these two are my favorite.

Aren't dancers just full of gracefulness
in their long lines
and control over their bodies?
Beautiful.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!