Monday, June 2, 2014

Finding Peace


I enjoyed the creative process in making this piece.
For those who often ask about my process, 
I took an older digital piece of mine 
that was originally created from my picture of a bird in flight
(the black and white birds)
and mixed it with a two textures...one I made myself 
from digital apps on my iPhone
and another texture from Shadowhouse Creations.
I worked with masks and blending modes
until I was able to achieve the effect I was looking for.

Finding Peace.
Isn't that what we all strive for...
the happy place between opposite forces of nature;
good/evil
black/white
hot/cold?

That place where everything seems to be at balance?
In a crazy hectic world, balance and stability
can bring such peace to a soul, can it not?

Today I am thankful for the balance I have found in my work life.
Recently I went through a struggle with my health that
forced me to make a decision about my career
and it was very difficult for me.
I had to redefine what normal was for me
and come to peace with it.

Not only have I come to peace with it,
but I have embraced it with vigor and happiness.
It has taken a while, but I've arrived at a peaceful place.
And for that, I am most thankful.

For those that know me,
you are aware of how much I love to teach.
Today I have the opportunity to do just that...
I am off to my "old" office to train a new staff member
and I am very much looking forward to it.
Peace. <3
xo

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely! And, yes...balance, peace....all things we strive for, that often seem so elusive. Whatever changes have come your way lately, I'm selfishly glad that one of them has led you back to sharing your photos and teaching us with each image!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!