Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Theater


Today I am grateful to spend time alone with just my little ones.
I took them to see How To Train Your Dragon 2
in an effort to make their first summer vacation from school special
despite the sadness we all still feel so deeply.
The twins are starting to process what has happened
to their Pop-Pop and they are asking questions and talking about him.
It is a good thing, but it is also painful.

Our efforts to "forget" for just a while by watching a silly movie 
were futile considering that 3/4 of the way through the show
the father character in the movie dies.
Really?
It just feels like the world is rubbing it in my face.

Anyway, the kids had fun eating popcorn, soda, and candy for lunch,
so that counts for something.
And that is all that matters right now.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!