Friday, June 20, 2014

En Plein Air


I so enjoyed my walk at the Irvine Nature Center today.
I woke up in a horrible, sad, crying mood and I knew I couldn't stay indoors.
Moping around feeling sorry for myself is no good,
especially on a gorgeous summer day like today.
So, with lunch packed, I headed out to explore.

In the children's outdoor learning classroom at the Center,
I found this plein air painter and stood watching him for a while.
I really do wish I was talented like that.
I could so see me being outdoors and painting beautiful scenery
with the sun on my back and my paints surrounding me.
Only one little problem is holding me back...
I have no idea how to paint.
None.  Zero.  Zilch.
Maybe one day.

On the way back home I stopped to visit my 
maternal grandmother's grave.  
I have only been there once before and since I had to
drive right past the Maryland State Veterans Cemetery,
I decided to stop and visit.
It was good to see it so well taken care of.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!