Friday, June 19, 2015

Cafe´ Indulgence


This is the one of two things that I miss the most since on my lifestyle change to heal from Lyme and co-infections...cappuccino!  The no sugar, no caffeine, and no dairy is killing me when it comes to mornings.  I truly did LOVE having my cappuccino in the morning, not just for the pick me up of caffeine, but also for the smooth, creamy texture of it.  That is something I can't quite replace with alternative milks.  The other thing I miss is real pizza, smothered in melted cheese!  Non-dairy cheese?  No thanks.

I'm not complaining though...just dreaming when I can put that cappuccino back in my diet.  July 9th will be eleven months of treatment and I am so much better than I was a year ago.  So, I am very blessed and letting go of cappuccino is all worth it. It doesn't mean, though, that I can't use my yearning for one as inspiration to create a collage,! ;)

Today is the last day of school!  It is bittersweet because although I am thrilled and excited to start homeschooling, I know it is a huge change for my kiddos (and me!).  I think we will take about 2 weeks off and then jump right into the second grade curriculum.  I am thinking about doing 8 weeks on and a week off throughout the year to minimize loss over the summer.  The co-op I belong to will be starting in September, so that gives us plenty of time to get a routine going before jumping into that.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!  TGIF!  Over and out.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!