Thursday, June 18, 2015

Fire In My Gut


This is exactly why I haven't listened to the news in over a month. You may call it irresponsible for me to ignore what is happening in the world, but honestly, it is such a drag to start the day hearing how many people were killed, how many places were robbed, and then listening to arguments over whose fault it is for the decline in this country.  When I hear all of this negativity it is like a fire burning in my gut.  Or maybe heartburn...yes, heartburn is more accurate.  Quite literally, actually...it feels like my heart is burning. I don't want to be uninformed, but I also don't want to start or end my day hearing how horrible the world is.  It is like me waking the kids up in the morning and telling them, "Good morning!  Oh, and by the way, you suck."


In reality, in my own little world, here on these nine acres, it is a pretty good world.  All I am asking for in the media is some balance.  I know there are some wonderful things happening in the world, so let's hear them.  Give us a bone...throw us some hope. Think of what a different world it would be if positive news sold. What if the all mighty dollar revolved around the GOOD NEWS? All the media outlets would be fighting to report the good stuff first.  Ha, wouldn't that be nice?


My heart goes out to all the people in Charleston and I hope the police catch the SOB who did this. Prayers going out for our country, that there can be healing, but honestly, until the media stops fueling it all, fanning the flames, as it were, I don't think we are going to make much progress.  Let's glorify the good stuff and minimize the bad and see how the world changes.  What can you put a positive spin on today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!