Thursday, January 28, 2016

Disrepair


The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. 
You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poor-house. 
The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the alms-house as brightly as from the rich man's abode; the snow melts before its door as early in the spring. 
I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there, 
and have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace.
~Henry David Thoreau

I absolutely love this quote. It is so true and you must admit we all know at least one person who finds fault with everything. We all do.  Right?

This piece of digital art is based off of a farm near where I live. Since I have been here...going on 12 years, I have only known this farm to be in disrepair and falling down. But soemthing about it still draws me in. I know, I am weird, but as I said before, moody landscapes and old buildings just intrigue me. A mixture of photograph, digital painting, textures, and stamps, this digital mixed media piece is a favorite of mine. 

Don't be a fault-finder...instead see the beautiful setting sun reflecting just as brightly from the windows of the alms-house. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!