Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Looking For My Heart's Desire



If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again,
I won't look any further than my own back yard.
Because if it isn't there,
I never really lost it to begin with.

L. Frank Baum
The Wizard of Oz

As I have gotten older and since I became very ill a few years back with Chronic Lyme Disease, I have had quite the love affair with my own back yard. I really and truly am just so content being here, nestled into my own little nest in the world. I love looking out the windows in the morning, upon the foggy mist that often shrouds our pasture, watching our horse graze lazily on the dewy spring grass. I love drinking my tea on weekends, warm mug clutched in between both palms as I gently swing on the porch swing watching the morning frenzy of birds at my feeder. I love looking out at this scraggly dogwood while I stand doing dishes in my quiet kitchen. It glows bright white, as it captures the first morning rays of light and seems to pop off the deeper darker greens spring is famous for. 

I won't lie, I still have wanderlust...a desire to set out into the world to see as many wondrous things as possible before my time here is finished, but I don't need it. I can be content and in love with my own space. And I am.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!