Thursday, June 30, 2016

Baltimore


Anyone can love a perfect place. 
Loving Baltimore takes some resilience. 
~Laura Lippman

This view is a beloved one for me. For eight years my husband and I have had season tickets to the Hippodrome in Baltimore. About once a month, on a Friday night, we would venture down to the city, have dinner and enjoy whatever show was in town at the time. This view is from one of the upper floor windows of the Hippodrome. I loved arriving early and walking around the interior of the Hippodrome, admiring and being inspired by the architecture. I can't count how many hours over the years I have stood at those upper level windows gazing out onto the Baltimore streets and buildings beyond...sometimes bathed in golden sunlight, sometimes covered in cottony snow, and sometimes drenched in rain. Regardless of the weather, it was always beautiful.

I am a people watcher. I could easily sit in silence and watch the activity on the street, the birds roosting on the buildings, or the clouds gathering high above the harbor in the distance. 
Unfortunately, we have decided that we are not renewing our tickets this year, so I won't be able to see this view as frequently as I have in past years. I am sure we will get individual tickets to some shows, but we won't be going once a month. I'm glad I have this art piece to remember the fun times I've had there. 

This art piece is not in print yet, so if you would like to pre-order one of the limited edition prints, please use the contact button and let me know. I will be sure to order one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!