Saturday, July 2, 2016

The Wheel


It is the season of carnivals,
Rides, spinning, twirling,
laughter, games, joy.

It is the season of storms,
thunder booming, rumbling
lightening, striking, igniting.

When it is good it is overwhelming.
When it is bad, it is frightening.



Can you see the man in the center of the wheel? He was putting the ferris wheel together preparing for a week long carnival in Park City, Pennsylvania. I didn't see him when I originally took the reference photo, but my daughter noticed him when I first showed her the picture. So, I kept him in the final digital painting because I thought he looked awesome up there. That man has a crazy job, I tell you.

I did notice, however, that part of wheel, the top section, was not fully constructed yet. I could have finished the wheel digitally by adding in that last section, but I loved the incomplete look and feel of it. So much in life is incomplete, is it not?

I will be ordering limited edition prints of this piece in the next month or so. If you would like to own Wheel, please use the contact button to pre-order.

From my family to yours, have a happy, safe holiday. Independence Day should be a day for celebrating, not injuries!  Be safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!