Monday, July 11, 2016

Freedom



Any people anywhere being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is the most valuable -a most sacred right-a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.
-Abraham Lincoln

I won't make any large political statements here, but I will say that I fear for the state of our country and something must be done about our current system of government. I'll leave it right there.

This image was created after a field trip with my high school daughter to Washington D.C. The original photo was taken from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial and then I created the final product from there. Layers of textures, added birds (it seems to be my signature addition), and digital paintings on top of the photograph gives it this vintage, painterly look.  I hope you enjoy it.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!