Monday, August 29, 2016

There is Rapture at the Lonely Shore

There is Rapture at the Lonely Shore
digtial/photo art


I have been working really really hard on completely revamping my website, Nine Acres Designs, LLC. It had to be done. I had not given it an overhaul in a million years...ok, maybe 2 years, but it felt like a million. It no longer reflected who I am as an artist. I've rewritten my bio, changed up the navigation and landing page, added new artwork, and am still working on a function where you will be able to buy prints directly from me. I will let you know when that is up and running. I have created a guestbook there so if you are so inclined, please visit the site, then click on the guestbook and tell me what you think! I would love to hear from you.

There is no place quite like a lonely shore. Being on the water's edge, listening to the sounds of nature, and having no other human in sight is a special healing experience for me. Being a homeschool mom of my two youngest, a mom of two teens, and battling a chronic illness, I need quite the refueling and I am not ashamed to say it. Alone time is incredibly important for my well being and sanity. In this image, I love the "No Trespassing" sign on the pier because to me it symbolizes for all others to stay out during my meditation time. No one is allowed to trespass into my thoughts or time when I am alone.

Of course, that is easier said than done, as all mother's and wives know. But, I have this beautiful image to remind me that I am totally worth a portion of my day all to myself. And so are you.

What situation or place brings you peace and clarity? Where does your soul get reenergized and refueled? Tell me your secrets to keeping your sanity...

Have a wonderful start to the week.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!