Thursday, October 13, 2016

Four Pillars- Tracey Grumbach Artwork On Display at Havre de Grace Library

Four Pillars- digital artwork by Tracey Grumbach

I am really excited and proud to announce that my artwork, Four Pillars, was chosen as one of 13 pieces of art juried into an exhibition to be held at the new Havre de Grace Library in Harford County. There were 77 entries for this show and only 13 of those were selected, so I feel very, very honored.

The theme of the exhibition is "My Havre de Grace" and will be hanging from October 29, 2016 through December 7, 2016. You can see all the artwork during regular library hours between these dates. I am looking forward to attending the reception on Friday, October 28 to meet and greet the other artists.  I am checking on whether this reception is open to the public and if it is, I will be notifying you in a future post. I'd love all my friends and family to come!

If you are familiar with Havre de Grace, then you know exactly where these pillars are.  They run right next to the train bridge that crosses over the water. For me, these pillars represent our connection to the past, a visible sign that even past events in our lives can still rise from the depths of our consciousness and be an imposing figure in the landscape of our present lives. Major events such as contracting Lyme Disease (twice now) and my father's passing, still play a significant role in the landscape of my personal present, their lessons and emotions written into the very fiber of my cells. I am grateful for that, though, because I am a very different person than I was before these things happened. I have come so far and learned so much since then. Sometimes these ground shaking events must occur for us to achieve significant personal and spiritual growth.

I hope you all have a blessed Thursday! I know mine will be. I get to homeschool my children and continue working on some new art pieces. What could be better than that?

xo

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!