Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Santa Monica Pier at Sunset- Travel Art


During my recent trip to California, I had the opportunity to walk from our hotel to the Santa Monica Pier. We stayed in a hotel very close by, so the walk was short, which was perfect because I still don't have very much endurance for exercise. After walking around the pier itself for a bit we watched the sun disappear over the horizon, kissing the Pacific Ocean as it slid to the other side of the earth. Slowly, we began the journey back to the hotel and when we had gotten a decent distance, I turned back to see this...the amazing colors the sky becomes when the sun is below the horizon. It was breath-taking and of course, I had to create something out of it. Truly, God is the most amazing artist. His taste in colors, exquisite.

Yesterday, I finally had the opportunity to upload the pictures I took with my Cannon 5D Mark III to the computer and take a look. I haven't shot with my "big camera" in a long time and to be honest, while I was excited about a few shots, I am clearly out of practice. I was a bit disappointed in myself. But, I will use that feeling to encourage myself to begin taking my camera with me again and get back into good habits.

In case you don't follow me on Facebook, I wanted to mention something I am proud about...I was blessed for the opportunity to have a piece of my work published on the front cover of a monthly local newspaper. I was honored and I really liked the process of working with the art editor, the CEO of the paper, and the deadlines during this process. I would love to have the opportunity to work with them again in the future. My goal is to use art as the mode to get my Lyme story out to the local public with the intent of helping others who may be suffering. Perhaps in the spring I will reach out to them again.

Happy Hump Day, y'all. Enjoy the sun while we've got it. If you are reading this from the southeast states, please be safe as Matthew approaches the United States. My prayers are with you. Stay safe, everyone.

xo

1 comment:

  1. God created and it is our responsibility to share it with the world. Congrats on the cover, I am sure you will get more opportunities. I remember when I switched back to shooting more with my big camera after spending too much time with my iPhone, I too was out of practice, but once I got back to it and learned to see differently again, now I wouldn't have it any other way, and rarely shoot with my phone. Everything goes in cycles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!