Thursday, December 29, 2016

St. Louis Old Courthouse Dome


Just like everyone else in the world, I am beginning to think of some new positive habits to form in 2017. I don't do resolutions (as I've said every year), but I usually a choose a word that will help me keep focused on my goals. This year my word will be HABITS. I won't reveal what positive habits I am planning on developing in the new year just yet...I think I will wait to reveal that in my New Year's post, but I've been thinking and preparing very hard so that on day 1 of this new year I can begin.

What resolutions/words/intentions/goals do you have in 2017?

About this image:  This beautiful dome is inside the Old Courthouse in St. Louis, Missouri. My cousins are still recuperating in the hospital there, but they have made amazing, miraculous progress, and we are hoping they will be released January 5th to outpatient therapy. A meeting today with the neuro team at Children's Hospital will reveal whether they are still on track for that date. Please say a prayer they are.

Anyway, this dome is just fabulous. The detail and brilliance with which it was built all those many years ago is mind blowing. The building was completed in 1828. Architecture isn't what it used to be in my non-architect opinion. This courthouse saw history in the making because this is where the Dred Scott case was tried.  All the trials, including the Missouri Supreme Court case, related to the case were held in this building. There are other notable cases that were held here as well.

I hope you stay dry on this wet, gray day. I will be homeschooling the twins today and then attending a house warming later this evening for co-workers of my husband. Make it a great day.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!