Monday, February 20, 2017

Somerset Digital Studio- Spring 2017 Edition



I am very excited that I received my advance copy of the Spring 2017 Somerset Digital Studio in the mail on Friday afternoon. Being published in this magazine is a dream come true and I am so honored to occupy 6 pages of art and text next to some of my digital art heroes in the same issue. It truly is mind blowing for me and I am so glad you are along with me on this journey.


After a brief introduction about how I began into digital art, I discussed my artistic process in creating my digital art pieces, including what computer programs and mobile apps I use in each step.


Six of my images were featured, including The Wheel, which was also chosen as one of the cover images. That was a total surprise to me until the editor emailed me a preview of the cover and told me it has been selected! Unfortunately, I had to keep it under wraps until just a little while ago.


I love how this publisher has beautiful layouts and art arrangements in all of their magazines. The paper is divine and the texture when holding it in your hands is so satisfying.


 Some of my art pieces that are featured in the Spring 2017 edition of Somerset Digital Studio will also be showing and for sale when I am the Featured Artist for the Spring show at Arts By the Bay Gallery from April through June. More information is coming on that show soon so keep watching the blog!


I want to thank Jana Holstein from Somerset Digital Studio for working so hard as the editor for my article.  She was a dream to work with, answered all my questions quickly, encouraged me along the way, and was very openminded with me about my vision for my work and written article. I couldn't have asked for a better person to work with.

The Spring 2017 issue of Somerset Digital Studio will be on newsstands March 1 (although I have had people contact me already saying they have seen and bought it on their newsstands already!).  If you can't find it in at a local book seller, you can purchase a copy online by visiting Somerset Digital Studio where this issue will be available March 1.

Have a beautiful President's Day!

xo

3 comments:

  1. Your article is beautiful and so engaging to view and read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much, Sarah! Your kind words mean a lot to me, especially from a wonderful artist like yourself!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!