Friday, December 16, 2016

The Morning of the First Frost - Rural Landscape Art


Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
-J.R.R. Tolkien

Wishing all of you warmth and comfort during this cold snap! I was out driving back from an appointment the other morning when I came across this beautiful scene...just a tad bit of morning frost still clinging to the center most area of the lawn. It was a grey, cold morning and I could feel the chill down deep in my bones. I struggled all day to get warm.

Some days are still like that for me. Ever since I was infected with Lyme all those years ago my body does not regulate my temperature very well. We have our thermostat set on 72 in the house and I was wearing a winter fleece lined wool hat, a long sleeve shirt, a sweatshirt on top of that, a pair of jeans, alpaca wool socks with Ugg type boots up to my calf and I STILL was sitting on the couch wrapped up in a blanket. It's crazy, I tell you.

But just as easily, I could be dying of heat. I don't tolerate warmth very well either. If it is too hot, I react quickly with nausea and profuse sweating. It's terrible. I never know when I will be cold and when I will be hot.

So, layers is the strategy for me. I layer my clothing so that I have options and can change from one minute to the next, pulling on and off layers as needed. Is anyone else sensitive to temperature changes? If so, how do you deal with it?

Stay warm, y'all...I hear ice and snow are coming in tonight! Be safe and I will see you on the blog next week.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!