Friday, March 3, 2017

I Am Wonderfully Made- Self Portrait by Tracey Grumbach


About this image: There are times in life when things that would have taken a long time to learn and accept come much easier and softer. There would have been a time where I would have taken so very personally that friends I have known for a long time have moved on and are no longer wanting to be in touch. To be honest, there was a time when I took everything personally. However, through maturity and through illness, I have learned that all people in my life serve a purpose, sometimes for me to learn from them, and sometimes vice versa. I truly believe that some people will come and go in our lives once the purpose of the relationship is served. People grow, change, move on, and walk a separate path. And that's OK. When I realized this week that friends I have been reaching out to for a while now have no interest in remaining in close contact, I could have been devastated. It hurt at first, to be truthful, but then I quickly realized this is about perspective. Instead of being bitter, I chose to be thankful for having them in my life for so long and for learning the lessons I needed to learn from them. Then, it was time to gracefully set them free. This self portrait was birthed from that experience this week. It comes down to loving myself enough and trusting God that it was time to let go and move on.

Psalm 139:14- I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Have a wonderful weekend! I will be busy with art all day tomorrow. Stop in Arts By the Bay Gallery, voted Harford County's Best Art Gallery, between 11AM-2:30PM to see me and all the wonderful art. Then from 7PM-9:30PM I will displaying art at Bel Air High School for the Susquehanna Symphony Orchestra concert! Hope to see some of you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!