Friday, April 7, 2017

Spring Blooms in Purple- Harford County Artist


Driving around the other day, I had to pull over and capture this scene. Everywhere near my home the farmer's fields are covered in purple blooms, creating acres purple carpeted earth. It is stunning to see, for sure. Unfortunately, I haven't had time or energy to deal with my computer crashing, so I still do not have a functioning photoshop program to edit, so this is edited solely from my phone. There are things I would love to do to this image to make it better, but I just don't have the equipment right now to do it.

Just some upcoming events I want to remind you about...first, on Saturday, April 22 I will be working my monthly shift at Arts By the Bay Gallery in Havre de Grace. Stop in and see me before the winter show ends! I will be working from 11AM-2:30PM, so come on in and see Harford County's Best Art Gallery!

While you are there, you can sign up for the workshop I am teaching, Havre de Grace Photo Walk and Mini Composition Workshop. It is a mini photography composition workshop along with a guided photowalk of Havre de Grace, Maryland. More information and a sign up for that will be forthcoming next week!



In addition, the new spring show at Arts By the Bay will be having the opening reception on Friday, April 28th. I am the featured artist for this show and will be showing approximately 35-40 pieces of art! Stop in for a fun time...it is free and there will be hors d'oeuvres, a cash bar, and lots of amazing art from local artists!



And, of course, on May 5th I will be hosting the Ticked Off-Lyme Disease Awareness Event, also at Arts By the Bay. I will be discussing my journey with Lyme disease and co-infections along with discussing how art has played an integral part in my healing and dealing with the ups and downs of a chronic, debilitating illness. Joining me will be Janet Jensen, a brilliant and caring representative from Harford Lyme Advocates who will have an informational table set up and who can answer your more technical questions about this disease that is taking over Maryland. The CDC has identified Maryland as a hot spot for Lyme cases and this spring and summer are supposed to be even worse due to the warm winter. Please, come out and inform yourself! We will have fun activities and we will be raising funds for the nonprofit group NatCapLyme, who support Lyme research, education, legislation, and support.


I hope to see you at any or all of these upcoming events! The rest of April and all of May will be jam packed with art and events. In the meantime, I am still under doctor's care for figuring out my latest flare so, hopefully I will be able to maintain the stamina needed to get through this spring!

Have a great weekend!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!