Friday, July 21, 2017

I Spy With My Little Eye- Digital Painting by Tracey Grumbach

Mobile-Art-by-Tracey-Grumbach
Driving by a green field with tall grass most people would think it needs to be cut down. However, approaching the edge of the field one can certainly see this messy field is actually teeming with life, both plant, and animal. Look at the delicious color combination nature provided here...green, pink, and the yellow wings of the butterfly. Just beautiful. Can you see the cattail hiding?

Two days ago I learned of some opportunities for digital artists and photographers. A magazine was having a call for art and two separate entities were offering grants to photographers. So yesterday I spent the day preparing and submitting work to all of these. I need to finish up the grant writing today. Grants are a new thing for me, so I am not hopeful of winning, but at the very least it will give me some practice for the future.

I am also wrapping up writing an article for The Mighty and should be submitting it today. All this quiet time at home with Brenna has made it easier on me to focus on some things that I simply didn't have time for before. Speaking of Brenna, she is slowly, slowly making some progress. I truly think this surgery was a difficult one compared to most wisdom teeth removal because of the position of her teeth. The doctor even stated that he had to give her a lot of "medicine" to keep her comfortable during the procedure. Poor thing...she is miserable. At least she has not vomited in the last 24 hours. That is a plus for sure.

I'm hoping everyone has a fabulous weekend. I was supposed to go visit my mother this weekend but I will be staying home because Brenna simply can't travel right now. I will have to reschedule this trip later in the summer.

See you Monday. Stay cool.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!