Thursday, July 20, 2017

I Heard the Fog Horn Sound- Digital Art by Tracey Grumbach

Bass-Harbor-Head-Lighthouse-Maine
Taking the old and making it new again. I've been falling in love again with photographs I took in Maine years ago and reworking them using some methods and apps I've learned over the last few years. The morning of this excursion to the Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse in Maine is forever sketched into my mind. The mist hitting on my face, the sound of the seagulls, the fog horns in the distance, scrambling over the huge rocks...it is like it was yesterday.   I'd love to go back one day. I have such wanderlust in my soul to see and experience all the amazing things this country has to offer and it seems like I can't get out of this house even for a weekend.

I'm feeling trapped and sad lately. It feels like groundhog's day over here. All the fun plans I had for me and the kids have not come to fruition. The summer is almost over and here we sit...in the house. So frustrating and lonely.

Anyway, I am sure I will be feeling better emotionally in a day or two. It is just frustrating to see all of my hopes and plans for the summer go down the drain. But you know me, the ultimate optimist, so I will get over it soon.

Everyone has been asking about Brenna...she was still very very sick yesterday for most of the day but once I pulled her off pain meds and switched her to milder anti-inflammatories and alternate pain control methods, she began improving. Those drugs are nasty! She actually was able to get up and shower last night. I didn't hear from her all last night so I am hoping that means she had a great night's sleep. I think she is finally turning the corner. Thanks again for all of the prayers and well wishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I always try to respond to comments via email, so please be sure you add your email to your profile. Thanks!